- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup onion, diced
- A pinch of crushed red pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, diced
- 2 cups fresh shrimp
- 3 cups trimmed and coarsely chopped kale leaves
- Salt and ground black pepper
- In a cast iron skillet, add the extra virgin olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and crushed red pepper. Cook until onions are soft and golden.
- Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add sweet potato and cook until soft.
- In case you need, add a few tablespoons of water or 1/4 cup to help steam the sweet potato.
- Add shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until they turn pink.
- Turn the heat to low and add kale, stirring until wilted.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.