- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup medium-sized carrots, peeled & thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 64 oz (8 cups) low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup long grain white rice
Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat.
Add onion and carrots, season with salt and pepper, then stir to combine.
Cover pot and cook until vegetables are very tender, 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add garlic and cook uncovered for about 30 seconds.
Turn heat up to high and add chicken broth.
Bring to a boil.
Add rice and stir.
Season chicken with salt and pepper (or any seasoning) and add to the broth and stir to combine.
Turn heat down to medium then simmer uncovered until rice is tender, 15-20 minutes.
Remove pot from heat and place a lid on top.
Let sit for 5 minutes.
Taste, then add more salt & pepper if desired, or any other seasoning.