We all go through it.
It’s uncomfortable & can make you feel pretty crappy!
While there are several reasons this can occur for any given individual, I’ll briefly mention a few ways that you can limit it!
- Avoid/limit dairy. Overly processed foods such as milk, cheese, butter, and low-quality proteins can cause bloating. It’s usually the added ingredients and fillers that upset our digestion.
- Drink AT LEAST a gallon of water a day. Your body will hold onto water if you are not drinking enough of it. Give it more, it will release more. Simple.
- Limit carbonated drinks. These can lead to discomfort occasionally & if you are having lots of bloating this could be a culprit.
- Get 14g of fiber per 1,000 cals that you eat. You need fiber to go to the bathroom. Our digestion is SO IMPORTANT! You want to be regular.
- Take a high-quality probiotic & digestive enzyme to assist in the breakdown of foods and good bacteria in your gut.
This is a good place to start. Try one at a time until you find what works for you!
P.S. Ladies! Be prepared for even more bloating when it’s “that time of the month.” Lucky us, huh? 😉